the list of the week in my listography planner is "favorite artists".
an artist is defined as "a person engaged in one or more of any of a broad spectrum of activities related to creating art, practicing the arts and/or demonstrating an art."
here is my list of favorite artists. (this list was hard to compile because the range of artisans is vast!) here are the first 5 that popped into my head...a hodge podge, really.
1. georgia o'keefe's red poppy. is simply beautiful.
2. it all began with handbags, kate. i just love going this site and taking it all in. just look at it!
3. call me old fashion, but i love monet. one of my favorites is wheatstacks.
4. ummm... nancy myers (who is that?!) she is the woman behind some of my favorite movie sets. she designed the sets of movies like father of the bride 2, the parent trap, somethings gotta give, and the holiday. most of all her movie sets center around home and family. am i the only one that watched father of the bride growing up dreaming to live in that house!?!? (that woman is an artist to me!)
5. another old fashion favorite is degas. this my favorite by him, the dance class. makes me what to be a ballerina.
these are the truths i am resting in today that comes from the Creator and The Author of Life:
"God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns."
"Those who trust in the Lord are like mount zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever."