1. for my sweet friends that i was able to see and have lunch with yesterday. love catching up with them.
2. the wonderful support system of our family. so blessed.
3. ty's maturity in handling big decisions. luckily he is the logical one. (i am the emotional one=shocker!)
4. trader joe's. colleen and i are headed there soon. that place just makes me love grocery shopping. they have so many yummy kinds of hummus. and other fabulous finds.
5. that it is almost spring. so ready for warm weather.
Here's what is for dinner @ our house tonight...
chicken in mustard cream sauce along with roasted squash and zucchini.
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , halves
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup dry white wine
place chicken between two sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. sprinkle chicken with pepper. Coat 1 side of chicken breast halves evenly with 1 tablespoon of mustard.
cook chicken in oil in a large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side until chicken is done. remove chicken from skillet; set aside, and keep warm. reserve drippings for sauce.
add whipping cream, wine, and 2 teaspoons mustard to skillet. cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. spoon sauce over chicken.
roasted squash and zucchini - oh so simple and tasty. (this is just enough for ty and i)
1 yellow squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
preheat oven to 450 degrees. grease roasting pan with olive oil. chop zucchini and squash and put into large bowl. drizzle olive oil over squash. mix with a large spoon until squash is evenly coated. sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper over squash. mix with large spoon until squash is evenly coated. Pour squash onto roasting pan and spread it out until it evenly covers the pan. bake 15-20 minutes stirring once until cooked through.